Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- 'Publishing poetry is easier than ever before': the teen poetry online revolution
Why did you decide to join Movellas and what do you get from the site? My time on Movellas all started last summer, in the holidays. I was at home with nothing to do, so decided to try my hand at some creative writing â€“ a sort of spur of the moment thing.
- Brief History of Persian Poet Rowdki or Poet of Samayan Era
When the son of his dearest friend Abu Fazal Balaghmi died, Rowdki wrote a poem in which he advised him for patience. He advises for taking benefit from the gifts of Almighty Allah in this world but never become proud of it because everyone had to leave it.
- Bill Murray, Jan Vogler, and Friends â€” New Worlds: An Evening of Music, Poetry, and Prose
Bill Murray and Jan Vogler met during their travels and became friends in New York. Curious about each other's artistic worlds and interests, the actor and the cellist soon had the idea to work together on a project. The program would showcase the core of ...
- Urdu dying? Festival shows itâ€™s not just zinda but rocking
It is hard to put a name to what Sukhan does. This bunch of singers, orators and storytellers from Pune takes music, Urdu poetry, banter, ghazal and qawwali, tosses it together with histrionics and invites the audience to laugh and sigh together.
- A classic EastEnders episode has been turned into a 30-minute poem â€“ and it will air this weekend
The audio-poem follows the real-life experience of Ross â€“ who was ... That was the same night my best friend crashed his car into a sign, with me in the passenger seat. "Miraculously no-one was injured, though the car itself was obliterated.
- National Poetry Month: â€œThis Page Is Left Intentionally Blankâ€ By Mike Alexander
â€œPoetry is part of the magic of being human.â€ â€“ Poet Mike Alexander In this sound portrait, Mike Alexander talks about his love of formal poetry and how poetry connects us through the ages, and he reads his ballade, â€œThis Page Is Left Intentionally ...
- A poetry competition by Premier League
The point of Primary Stars has been to tackle and add value to curriculum basics such as numeracy and literacy and, to that end, its Writing Stars poetry competition, has been announced. Itâ€™s open to all school children between the ages of 5 and 11!
- Life's a beach for local poets
Spoken-word poets invited to share during open mic debut at beachside Foggdukkers Coffee March 26
- â€˜Worldâ€™s firstâ€™ online poetry community for youth debuts; inspired by famed Bronx poetry writing class
Young poets now have a way to share their work with each other online. PowerPoetry.org is a new virtual community by the creators of Power Writers, the celebrated University Heights High School poetry class that spawned the award-winning documentary ...
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Appoints Distinguished Writer, Poet, Scholar and Arts Advocate Elizabeth Alexander as President
She served as the inaugural Director of the Poetry Center at Smith College ... Lewis also launched significant Presidential initiatives including the Mellon Research Forum and the Our Compelling Interests book series focused on diversity and social ...
- Book World: Boo! The best ghost stories you probably haven't heard yet.
His early stories about strange gods, as well as his prose poems such as "Idle Days on the Yann," are composed in sentences of exquisite musicality. H.P. Lovecraft, no less, started out by trying to imitate the Irishman's dreamlike narratives and ...
- Arnold Adoff: A shared life and love of literature
â€œWe began our life together. That was 1958 ... and Adoff published â€œI Am the Darker Brother,â€ a collection of poems by African-American writers, in 1968. Hamiltonâ€™s â€œThe House of Dies Drearâ€ also came out in 1968. They might have gone anywhere.
- An Epic Poet's Epic Poem
And from the time of his death until the 1980s, the annual Lamdan Prize was given in his memory for literary works for children. But Lamdan's greatest work was published in 1927 - the epic poem in Hebrew, "Masada: A Historical Epic." Lamdan wrote of the ...
- 134-year-old book reshelved at Rockford Library after transatlantic odyssey
She spent her life as an artist and art lecturer. Her interests included drawing, calligraphy, weaving, poetry and, especially, books and bookbinding, her niece Isobel Heaton said. "Her binding is exquisite, careful thread work to hold pages together ...
- Shashi Tharoor Perfectly Sums Up The Dark Mark The Caste System Has Left On India
I had acted, elocuted a humorous poem and MCed my classâ€™s efforts to generous applause, and the younger Kapoor was either intrigued or disconcerted, for he sought me out the next morning at school. â€œTharoor,â€ he asked me at the head of the steps near ...